Cardfight!! Vanguard is an internationally popular Trading Card Game published by Bushiroad, originally conceived by the manga author Akira Itou. The game is currently available in Japanese, English, and Korean, with official organised play worldwide. There is an ongoing anime, which is officially available subtitled with Japanese audio on Crunchyroll, and dubbed in English on the official Youtube channel. There is an ongoing manga, which is serialized in Japanese in Monthly Bushiroad magazine, and the collected volumes are published in English by Vertical.
- Note: In-depth game rules can be found on the wikia.
- Each player chooses a grade 0 card from their deck and places it face-down on the vanguard circle. That card will be their first vanguard.
- Decide randomly who goes first. The player who goes first cannot attack on their first turn.
- Both players shuffle their deck and draw 5 cards.
- If a player doesn't like their hand, he/she can shuffle any number of cards from their hand back into their deck and then draw new cards until they have 5 cards in their hand again. The new hand must be kept.
- When both players are ready, at the same time, turn their vanguards from face down to face up, and can shout out "Stand up, vanguard!"
- Winning conditions
- Deal 6 damage to opponent. If a player has 6 or more cards in their damage zone, he/she loses.
- If a player has no cards in deck at any point of the game, he/she loses.
- If a player has no vanguard nor soul, he/she loses. However, he/she has soul, then must choose a card from there and ride it.
- A player can win the game by the ability of a card, such as Star-vader, "Omega" Glendios.
- If both players achive a win/lose condition at the same time, the game ends as a draw.